Friday, May 25, 2012

News Potpourri: Wardrobe Wednesday & 3 Cool Things Make Come Backs, London, ScarJo and More!



Finally what we've been waiting for - the return of Wardrobe Wednesday! Although we have not a clue as to where we to find these pieces to replicate Joy's look there's no doubt that wherever they're from, our girl looks amazing! In this WW edition we have Joy's favorite denim blouse in two distinct looks: paired with jeans to achieve a casual hipster look and a flowing maxi skirt to achieve a bohemian chic look. The pose, the hat, the scarf, the belt, the shoes, the glasses, the side braid - hell, we love it all!



Mr. Dyson better pucker up! Joy's finally found the cordless vacuum cleaner she's been searching for and she seems ecstatic about her purchase. In a resurrection of Three Cool Things Joy praises the Dyson vacuum along with Pop Chips' Sweet Potato chips and Anthropologie's eau de parfum.


In a previous post (Bethany Says 'Ello!' From London & New Diamond Gothic) we briefly mention Joy's exciting trip to London - but now we've got all the fun deets about it in a new blog post:
LONDON! What a great city you are. The whole world is in London. It's beautiful, clean and full of generally amiable (and terribly civilized) people. Plus, it has my favorite city skyline! I had a great 10 day stay and met some really lovely people. Here' s a little run-down on my trip and some favorite spots…
CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE POST HERE
Also, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for Zooey Magazine's June issue featuring a bit on Joy's shopping trip for vintage and modern styles in London!



Are you among the few people left on this Earth that hasn't watched Joss Whedon's mega blockbuster, The Avengers? Well if you haven't yet, now you have a good reason to. In Joy's latest HelloGiggles post she fangirls over Scarlett Johansson's portrayal of The Black Widow and explores why this heroine is so incredibly epic.
I’m a sucker for action movies, but, I have to admit the lack of good femme-heroes is annoying. It’s always some girl in a tight suit (or short skirt) acting like she’s a badass, all squinty eyed and sexy-faced. Like, REALLY– you just fought six guys and got the crap beat out of yourself and you’re not even out of breath?!  Usually I feel like I’m watching an actress who really really wants to look good on camera. 
Enter Scarlett Johansson as The Black Widow in The Avengers. Now, I thought she was good in Ironman 2, but this time I really got to see her in action and I was so impressed! Finally, an actress who made me believe that everything I was watching was real! My favorite action heroes are the ones who are ultimately human at their core– who are self-depricating, only about 85% confident in their own abilities and totally flawed. Give me a good actor, and I’ll buy into any world a director creates…

No comments:

Post a Comment