Wednesday, May 30, 2012

News Potpourri: Momfternoons and Nerd Glasses, A Fashion Update and Audition News!

Momfternoon at the Mall!
I may be in the minority here but I really, really dig Joy's nerd frame glasses! I love this hipster look on her - she pulls it off so well.

Anyone else wish Joy would be daring enough to wear the nerd frames at a red carpet event like her good friend Abigail Spencer? Because I totally would! It's fun, it's trendy - a thumbs up for me.


I may not have been aware of the film Annie Hall prior to this Wardrobe Wednesday but believe me, the eccentric fashion in it has made quite the impression on me now! This week Joy channels the classic Diane Keaton look made popular in the late 70s. Nevertheless, she puts a modern spin to the whimsical style by wearing wide-legged polka dot silk trousers from Forever 21 and a form-fitting nude cashmere sweater. She completes the signature Keaton ensemble by adding a vintage black hat. Without looking costumey, Joy certainly pulls off this Annie Hall inspired look effortlessly! 

My verdict: ★ ★ ★ ★
Auditions!
And last but not least Joy made this epic tweet just casually letting her Twitter followers know she's been auditioning again. As uber adorable as the #MomsRule hashtag is - it didn't distract from the fact that Joy. Is. Auditioning. Again. I've been suffering from intense withdrawals the moment One Tree Hill went off the air so knowing that Joy may light up the small or big screen in the near future has me all giddy. I can't wait for more information on her future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment