Saturday, August 4, 2012

News Potpourri: Music Recs, Busom Buddies Celebrate, A Red Carpet Interview, & New Poetry

Music Recs
I purchased two albums off iTunes this week, as per Joy's recent recommendations on Twitter.
And boy, was I pleasantly surprised at how incredibly addicting they both are! Kimbra in particular, who you may recognize from Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know,” is bloody brilliant!  Vows is a flawless album - and I can't help but listen to this one a million times over.


Tell me you don't want to get up and dance!  
  CLICK TO PURCHASE THE ALBUMS



Abigail Spencer with Bethany Joy Lenz
celebrating her 31st birthday
#ABBYSDAY

Check out this hilarious photo posted by Abigail Spencer on instagram! These two ladies are as beautiful, classy and talented as they are hilarious and down-to-earth. They seriously need to do a movie or show together - who else agrees?

Oh and - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABIGAIL! 
CATS for Cats Red Carpet
Check out this cute little interview of Joy courtesy of CelebSecrets4u.com. Joy explains why she's join the fight to save the furry felines of the street, and chats about her rotating novel, Diamond Gothic.

 
  New Poetry 

May 29th, 2012

Alone again and by candlelight
I sit. I cannot sleep.
I write.
My mind is Times Square, my body-- the Moors.
O Heathcliff
O Jesus
O David Sedaris for all I care
Won't you, one or all, give me an evening's respite
from my torturous affairs!?
Gee, it's nice to have a distraction
and though I am aware
that midnight conversations
are neither here nor there,
the only thing I want to do
is be where I oughtn't...
where i really oughtn't dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment