Wednesday, January 18, 2012

News Update: Fan Shares Inspiring Story

Screenshoot of Jan. Newsletter
For those of you who don't know, Team True Beauty recently released Volume 1 of their official newsletter. In the January issue you’ll find an incredibly heartwarming letter written by a courageous fan who shares her personal story of recovery from depression and how listening to Everly may have saved her life.

Karen Barney had the pleasure of meeting Joy and Amber at Team True Beauty's "A Night of Music and Stars” and tells the details of this life-changing experience in this issue's "Words with Fans." Here's an excerpt of Karen's inspiring message:
In the midst of all the pain I found strength in the songs and voices of one band. Their name is Everly. The band is made up of two power-house women. Miss Amber Sweeney and Mrs. Bethany Joy Galeotti. I’ve followed Joy since I was young when she played Michelle on Guiding Light. Then I followed her career to a show called One Tree Hill. I watched it on the day it aired. While it’s clear that I found Joy before Amber, make no mistake in thinking I don’t admire her just as much. The day I heard of Everly I looked her up and have read her blog along with Joy’s. I’ve wanted to meet them ever since I went through my depression because even my family know they had a huge impact on my recovery, One Tree Hill and Everly gave me the breath I needed to drop my issues for an hour or two and relax.              – Karen A.Barney 
To read Karen’s entire message check out page page 7 of Team True Beauty’s newsletter, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment